For the love of donuts, this one sure blows most out of the water. Nutella, peanut butter and bananas all combined to make one glorified donut. This combo is deadly and highly addictive. But, like other donuts that are fried, light and airy, this one is different. This heavenly donut is baked, so it’s a little heavier, but very satisfying with or without the glaze. You can really taste the cinnamon and bananas that this donut has to offer.
Baked Banana Donut Recipe
2 CUPS FLOUR
4 TEASPOONS BAKING POWDER
½ TEASPOON SALT
1 ½ TEASPOON GROUND CINNAMON
½ CUP PLUS 4 TABLESPOONS GRANULATED SUGAR
2 EGGS ROOM TEMPERATURE.
1 CUP MASHED RIPE BANANAS (ABOUT 2 BANANAS)
½ CUP PLUS 4 TABLESPOONS BUTTERMILK
2 TEASPOONS PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, lightly grease 6 doughnut pan.
2. Whisk dry ingredients in large bowel (flour, salt, baking powder, ground cinnamon).
3. In small bowl, whisk together sugar, egg, banana, buttermilk and vanilla.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined. Fill three-quarters full.
5. Bake 11-12 minutes. ENJOY!
½ CUP NUTELLA AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
4 TABLESPOONS HEAVY CREAM
Stir together, if too thick add more heavy cream (1 tablespoon at a time). For a little something extra, melt ¼ cup peanut butter. Place in a piping bag and drizzle over glazed donuts. If you don’t have a piping bag, cutting a plastic baggy will work the same or the use of a fork will get the job done.